Introduction to SEO audit checklist
The proper understanding of SEO (Search engine optimization) is the improvisation of the visibility of a website when it is searched over the search engines. This is possible through the architecture and strategies that can be implemented to optimize the navigation and links, as well as optimization of the content. This means that the posts must be comprised of content with minimum readability & usability improvements along with grammatical correct statements. The optimization of SEO is an art of its own that follows certain techniques and procedures. The core is to make user-friendly content that is understandable and easily recognized by the search engines.
SEO is the process of getting website traffic from the organic search results on search engines. SEO optimization allows a website to appear on the prime page of the search results to certain given keywords. The research and development of search engine analysis have determined that websites that appear on the first page get about 95% of all the clicks and traffic. What does this mean? Well it simply means that if you are not on the first page of the search result, most probably the visitor may not even notice your existence.
What is SEO AUDITING?
An SEO auditing is a standard way of operating for any website to function in a decent manner. It should be done on a frequent basis to ensure that the company website is fully functional for marketing purposes. It not only gives a detailed insight and study of the website but also gives an indication of the area of the website that is weak and needs improvement. There are many strategies when an audit can be performed. Almost all companies prefer to do it at the beginning of the project while some keep a regular update at the middle or even the end of the project. However, doing regular audit on the SEO ensures that the website is performing efficiently with the report of all the problems that need to be fixed.
The problems and functional area that can be identified and revealed through an SEO audit are:
- Technical issues in the SEO of the content
- Structure of the website
- On-page issues
- Off-Page Issues
- Problems with the user experience
- Content Problems and insights
- Competitive Marketing information
Why is it important to have an SEO AUDIT?
Any website on the internet is a collection of large and small data. This can range from a small image files to large video files along with the written content. Considering and claiming a website as a digital plot of land or agricultural ground. It requires constant checking from time to time to keep an update on productivity. Even if the productivity is good there can always be new guidelines that can alter the productivity of the website. The SEO Audit allows the owner of the website to understand what content needs to be added or changed. Like for example there can be broken links or longer URL names that need rectification or there may be stacking of keywords that would have a negative impact on the SEO of the website.
The other parts of the SEO that are usually overlooked can be given good attention after the auditing. The auditing can also give the best trending practices in the field of digital marketing of the products and the website.
The Best SEO Audit Tools
The auditing of a website and its content cannot be tested directly by simply going through all the contents or through manual testing. This is the reason various different companies have created their app for the auditing purpose. SEO Auditing can be a painstaking and long process that consumes a lot of time but if carried out neatly, it would generate great positive results on the Website ranking on the popular Search engines.
Some of the most popular and efficient tools that can used for the SEO auditing are:
A. Woorank – this tool or the audit gives the analytical information relating to the On-Page, Off-Page SEO, backlinks and locates broken links along with the defective web pages. It also provides recommendations to improve website visibility and ranking through suggestion.
B. Raventools– This SEO audit tool software is used by the digital marketing agencies and consultants to get the reports analysis of the website.
C. Semrush – This analytical auditing tool for the website gives the organic keywords, competitor research, backlinks and PPC keywords of the competitor’s websites. It can also track the data of the competitors.
It has far more functions like :
- To uncover competitor ad strategies and budget
- Getting the competitor ad copies
- Getting the information to publishers and advertisers
- The analysis of Backlink
- It helps create effective ad campaigns
- Find best Solution for keywords for SEO and PPC
- Comparison with the competitors
- Reports are generated in Excel Format
- Tracks the website audit and position
D. MOZ – The largest and most prominent SEO tool providing an agency that takes the domain authority and page authority as metric to create link build ups with other sites and increase the SEO ranking of the website.
Steps To check in SEO auditing
• Check the Google parameters and its penalties- there are many rules and parameters that Google has set forth for the listing and optimizations. When the audit is done, the first of all the things that need to be noted is if the website falls under the Google penalty area or not. If it does then the ranking would be negative.
• Search appearance- the next thing to check when carrying on the audit of a website is weather the company appears in the first page of the Google search or not. Checking of the site links along with the listing is also one of the dutiful tasks during auditing. Also check for Google My Business Listing on the right panel. This would help you make sure if all the SEO strategies are working or not.
• Technical SEO audit- some of the important parameters that need to be tracked while doing the technical SEO audit through the different tools are :
- The number of pages that are actually indexed on Google and number of pages that have been indexed.
- Understand and note the keyword that the website is ranking for.
- The keywords that generate the maximum traffic for the website. This is search engine specific where Google is the most common and well reputed search engine.
- The mobile usability and traffic generated through mobile search
- The URL links should not be broken and should be SEO friendly
- 404 Pages should be optimized
- The XML Sitemap should be optimized
- Also known as a ranking signal the website should be HTTPS
- There must be robots.txt file optimized for the websites and many more
In a competitive market where every company wants to outsmart their rivals through SEO optimization, a regular audit gives any website leverage over its rivals. The key is to remember not to overdo it. One can always have a website for the company but not all are efficient in the art of making the website good in ranking. This is the reason why most companies hire SEO consulting services along with the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services.
Are you looking for a good SEO Company in India that can offer smart and efficient digital SEO solution for your website?
For expert assistance in SEO auditing and Digital marketing Services reach out to us and we will be happy to help!
Categorised in: Digital Marketing
This post was written by admin